My skin journey has been a nightmare. I’ve been blessed with combination, acne prone, sensitive skin that responds poorly to popular skin products. I’ve gravitated towards more natural products without alcohol and preservatives. While my skin is nowhere near where I want it to be, it has come leaps and bounds thanks to my new regime.
- Morning: Every morning I use Yes to Tomatoes Daily Balancing Moisturizer. It’s loaded with anti oxidants and has oil absorbing qualities. On top of that it’s free from petroleum, paragons and cruelty free.
- Evening: Every night I use Yes to Carrots Intense Hydration Night Cream. Packed with vitamin E, I always wake up with softer and more moisturized skin that’s been repaired from the day before.
- Daily: Both morning and evening I wash my face using Lush’s Ultrabland Cleanser. It’s insanely gentle and also helps to wipe away any makeup your remover missed. I personally wet my face, rub the product into my skin almost like a lotion and then buff it off with my Clarisonic.
- As Needed: Even though the Clarisonic does some exfoliation, a few times a week I like to exfoliate my face further using Lush’s Ocean Salt Cleanser. Obviously it has course salt, but it also contains vodka and natural fruit based acids to further peel off dead skin cells.
- Daily: Morning and night I use Lush’s Tea Tree Water Toner. It’s alcohol free which reduces irritation. The formula has also made my skin a lot smoother and reduced redness.
Serums and Facial Oils
- Evening: I swear by Sunday Riley’s Luna Sleeping Night Oil. The price tag is scary at first but you only use a few drops every night and the results are worth it. My skin has improved dramatically! When I started using it I broke out, but this is simply your skin purging and dirt coming to the surface.
- As Needed: Whenever I’m breaking out in an isolated spot, I use some tea tree oil and dab it on any pimples.
- Daily: I use Lush’s Full of Grace serum before masks, before my night facial oil and before my moisturizer in the morning. It helps the product penetrate deeper into your pores.
Obviously everyone’s skin is different and this is simply what works for me. I do recommend finding a routine and sticking with it religiously when you find what works for you. Try finding a cleanser, toner and moisturizer and then adding on extras like serums.